I'm happy to announce the Release 2.0.0 of the Tideland Common Go Library. Most important part is the rework of the cells package for event-driven applications. Thanks to the early adopters of this package and their very useful hints. I hope they all now benefit from the modifications and don't have too much problems with the needed API changes. To give all of you a better introduction in how cells is working and has to be used I added a scenario simulating a shop with ordering, its stock, manufacturing and delivering.
Here are the changes:
- Better messages for a direct usage inside of editors
- Renamed 'Substring' and 'Implementor' asserts
- Larger rework with improvements of reliability, performance and convenience
- Cell adding now lazy using a factory
- Additional multiple cell adding and subscribing
- Emits inside a cell now via an own type instead of a channel
- Integrated configuration
- New package
- Configuration is key/value based
- Backends are configuration providers
- Simple map based provider in this release; more to come
- Simplified output of execution times
- No more total time and theoretical operations per second
You'll find the library at http://code.google.com/p/tcgl/.